In the spirit of reconciliation and tolerance you’ve come to expect at Nourishing Obscurity, may I make a humble suggestion or eight for the resolution of this Scottish Question?
1. Play for it on the rugby pitch. We could swing low and you could sing this but note the kids in the vid – they don’t know the words, so wherefore Scottish nationalism?
2. We could just throw in the towel and become Scottish – here’s some of the fabulous cuisine they’d bring to Derby and even further south and some bonny lasses to boot:
And here’s how to go about it:
3. Make it compulsory in schools to learn this ditty:
There’ll then never be any dispute – each to their own road.
4. Learn from Rab that ye can take the boy out of Scotland but ye can never take Scotland out of the boy:
5. Buy Andrew’s book – see sidebar.
This will no longer be a common sight in London as we stream north of the border: